Energy Outreach – Criteria for Sponsorship
The mission of the UW School of Energy Resources (SER) is to be a global leader in building a secure and sustainable energy future. This mission is supported by Energy Outreach, and includes creating and sponsoring events that add to the solution of critical energy challenges faced by the state of Wyoming, nation and world.
Energy Outreach sponsorship opportunities and requests from non-profit, governmental, and academic initiatives will be reviewed, for events that clearly articulate and demonstrate they are in keeping with the mission of the UW-SER and demonstrate they add value to energy solutions, issues, technology, economy, policy and stakeholders of Wyoming. Event proposals are encouraged from non-profit, governmental, research and academic initiatives and will be reviewed promptly.
Proposal packets must contain the following elements:
- Organizer of the event - and names of the persons responsible for the program
- Structure of Steering Committee (steering committees that represent internal and external to UW principal stakeholders and constituencies are strongly encouraged)
- Role and responsibility of the steering committee
- Title of event
- Mission/Goal statement for the event
- Location and Venue of Event
- Expected Outcomes
- Format for the event
- Target Audience
- Explanation of how the event will add value to energy issues and stakeholders of Wyoming
- Process of selecting and reviewing presentations and selecting keynote speakers
- Estimated Budget (including detail of contributions made by other organizations that are providing support including those that will be asked to provide support)
- Media plan (including a schedule of media releases, designated spokespeople, and approved talking points)
- Event assessment report strategy (summary of event, attendance, outcomes achieved, follow-up for future events, etc. )
For events awarded financial support by SER, an agreement covering event content and flexibility will be developed and signed by SER and event sponsors. SER sponsorship will be dependent on the development and compliance with such an arrangement. SER reserves the right to remove sponsorship of the event if the agreed upon criteria and mission of the event are not met during the planning process.
To propose an event for sponsorship please contact Mary Byrnes, Deputy Director of Energy Outreach, firstname.lastname@example.org.