- Production: 73.46 million barrels (2015)
- Prices: $37.28 per bbl (average as of October 2015) (EAD, 2015) (West Texas Intermediate Crude)
- $334 Million in collectible severance taxes in 2015 (WDOR, 2015)
- Employment: 13,100 both oil and gas jobs as of Dec. 31, 2012 (EAD, 2015)
- Reserves: 953 million barrels (2014)
- Number of producing oil wells: 10,618 (WYOGCC, 2011)
- Refineries: 6
- Major pipelines: Amoco, Belle Fourche, Butte, Conoco, Express, Frontier, Platte, Mobil, Prima, Sinclair, Wyoming
- Petroleum pipelines are located in all 23 counties in Wyoming (WYOGCC, 2011)
- Rig count: 49 (EAD, 2011)
- 382 companies/operators in 2015 (WDOR, 2015)
- "The Green River Formation, a group of basins in Wyoming, Colorado and Utah, contains the largest know oil shale deposits in the world. Wyoming's shale deposits contain an estimated 300 billion barrels of oil equal to about a quarter of the world's proven oil reserves" (EIA, 2012).
- The Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute (EORI) at the University of Wyoming assists Wyoming oil producers with recovery of Wyoming's stranded oil.
Unless otherwise noted, all facts presented here can be sourced to the EIA.
(CREG, 2011) State of Wyoming Consensus Revenue Estimating Group (CREG). "Wyoming State Government Revenue Forecast FY 2012 - FY 2016." Retrieved April 2013 from: http://eadiv.state.wy.us/creg/GreenCREG_Oct12.pdf
(EAD, 2015) State of Wyoming Economic Analysis Division (EAD). "Macro Report: Review of Wyoming's Economy." Retrieved from: http://eadiv.state.wy.us/creg/MACRO_Report.pdf
(EIA, 2013). United States Energy Information Administration (EIA). "Wyoming State Profile and Energy Estimates." Retrieved April 2013 from: http://www.eia.gov/beta/state/data.cfm?sid=WY#ReservesSupply
(WDOR, 2015) Wyoming Department of Revenue (WDOR). "Department of Revenue 2015 Annual Report." Click here to retrieve PDF.
(WYOGCC, 2011). Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (WYOGCC). "2012 Facts & Figures." Retrieved April 2013 from: http://wogcc.state.wy.us/