1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Transfer of technology and knowledge to Wyoming's energy stakeholders - academics, professionals, policy makers and citizens - is the central focus of the School of Energy Resources' outreach program. Collaboration with UW colleges, Wyoming community colleges, industry and state constituents lead to the staging of a dynamic selection of symposia, conferences, workshops and colloquium speakers.
Upcoming Conferences, Events & Speakers:
Earth, Wind, and Water Series Presents: Energy Transitions - Finding the Balance and Path Forward
- October 11, 2016, 3:10PM, EIC 2nd Floor; Energy Innovation Center Open House: Understanding the Centers of Excellence. Interactive fun and snacks!
- October 12, 2016, 5:30PM, Berry Center Auditorium; Keynote: Choices and Challenges of the Energy Transition: Moving from Rhetoric and Conflict to Reality; David Lawrence, Chairman and CEO of Lawrence Energy Group, LLC; and Brad Neilson, Former General Counsel for Global Litigation, Royal Dutch Shell
- October 14, 2016, 8:30AM; 2016 Landscape Discussion on Energy Law & Policy in the Rockies
- Registration Now Open!
Recent Conferences, Events & Speakers:
- Dr. Rebecca Fushimi, INL, "TAP Reacter System"; Laramie, WY, September 16, 12PM, EIC 201
- Wyoming Habitat Restoration Workshop; Casper, WY; September 8-9, 2016
- Renewable Energy Summit; Laramie, WY; June 12-14, 2016
- Wyoming UAV (Drone) Symposium; Laramie, WY; May 17-18, 2016
- "A Conversation on the Clean Power Plan’s Impact in Wyoming: Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities"; Laramie, WY; April 4, 2016
- "Post-Paris Carbon Policy --Implications & Opportunities for the U.S. and the Globe", February 24, 2016
- 2015 Landscape Discussion on Energy Law and Policy in the Rockies
- 2015 International Advanced Coal Technologies Conference
SER partners with the WyoHistory.org
SER teamed up with the Wyoming State Historical Society to publish a number of articles on the exciting historical development of energy in Wyoming.
Wyoming's Uranium Drama: Risks, Rewards and Remorse
Pumping Water to Powering Homes: Harnessing Wyoming's Wind
Rural Electrification Changed Farm Life Forever in Wyoming
Five Wyoming Oil Fields and the Transformation of an Economy
Past Conferences & Events:
Conferences and special events are an important component of the SER mission. Here you will find an array of video presentations, conference programs and summary reports of past conferences and events.
Wyoming Energy Resources Information:
Wyoming is the number one exporter of energy in the nation as well as the number one producing coal state. Learn more about Wyoming's diverse energy resources.
Criteria for Sponsorship:
An important component of the SER mission is to engage in collaborative efforts with other groups in energy and natural resources initiatives. From special events, conferences, speakers and research projects, SER encourages proposals for collaborative programs from non-profit, governmental, research and academic institutions.