Nielson Energy Scholarship for Women & Minorities
This prestigious undergraduate scholarship is designed to promote recruitment of highly talented women and minority students specifically planning a career in the energy sector. First-time, entering freshmen seeking their first bachelor's degree in the following degree programs are eligible:
The scholarship is possible through a generous donation by the Nielson family to the School of Energy Resources (SER).
The scholarship will be awarded for the 2013-2014 academic year through the student's financial aid package.
Number of Awards
Up to 7 annually (subject to available funding)
$2,500 per award
- Applicants must be a female or a member of a minority group.
- Be admitted to the University of Wyoming and declare one of the undergraduate programs listed above.
- Confirm enrollment by May 1, 2013.
- Maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester credit hours) during the fall and spring semester.
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative UW GPA (evaluated at the end of the fall semester).
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Complete the online application. Be prepared to answer the following questions and include your resume.
- First name
- Last name
- Mailing address
- Zip Code
- E-Mail Address
- Cell Phone Number
- High School Graduated From
- ACT or SAT score
- State of Legal Residency
- Intended Major
- Detail your career goals and plans demonstrating an understanding of the energy arena. Explicitly detail your interest in an energy career.
- Upload your resume in a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
- Provide the names of the people submitting recommendations on your behalf.
- Submit your high school transcript to the address listed below.
- Request three written recommendations be sent to the address listed below. Include one recommendation from your high school principal and one from a high school teacher.
- High school transcripts and recommendation letters must be post marked by May 1, 2013.
- Applications are accepted online until May 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm.
Transcripts and written recommendations are mailed to:
University of Wyoming School of Energy Resources
Attn: Pam Henderson - Nielson Energy Scholarship for Women & Minorities
Dept. 3012 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Awards will be announced by August 1, 2013.