Links of Interest
Energy Innovation Center (EIC)
1000 E. University Ave.
Shipping & Receiving:
16th & Gibbon
Laramie, WY 82071
Executive Admin. Assistant
Dr. Subhashis Mallick
Dr. Subhashis Mallick is an SER Professor of Geology and Geophysics in the Department of Geology and Geophysics. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Hawaii. He is a first-rate computational seismologist, with a strong record of developing new approaches to addressing high-profile problems of interest to industry, including reservoir characterization and 4D seismology. His research interests include time-lapse monitoring of petroleum and CO2 sequestration reservoirs, development of new 3D pre-stack waveform inversion techniques, and seismic anisotropy and rock physics modeling.
Ph.D. University of Hawaii 1987
M.Sc. Indian Institute of Technology 1978
B.Sc. Indian Institute of Technology 1976
- Mukhopadhyay, Pradip, K., and Mallick, Subhashis. An accurate ray-based offset-to-angle transform from normal moveout uncorrected multi-component data in a transversely isotropic medium with vertical symmetry axis. Accepted for publication in GEOPHYSICS.
- Presented at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Annual Meeting, October 2010
- Mukhopadhyay, Pradip, K., Mallick, S., Padhi, A., and Alvarado, V. Time-lapse monitoring of carbon-sequestrated brine aquifers-a feasibility study.
- Padhi, A., Mukhopadhyay, P., Blacic, T., Fortin, W., Holbrook, W.S., and Mallick S. Prestack waveform inversion for the water-column velocity structure-the present state and the road ahead
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists Summer Research Workshop Keynote Talk Summer 2011
Other Professional Contributions
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists Annual International Meeting Technical Program Committee October 2010