Sidebar Site Navigation
Deputy Director, Research
School of Energy Resources
Dept. 3012 1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
365 N. 9th St.
Bureau of Mines Room 209
Uranium Research Program
In the 2009 General Session, the Legislature of the State of Wyoming appropriated $1.6 million to the University of Wyoming School of Energy Resources (SER) for activities related to the development of uranium through in-situ recovery (ISR) in Wyoming. SER has used that appropriation toward the following outreach and research activities:
- September 22, 2009 - Uranium Extraction Workshop, Cheyenne, WY
- October 2009 - Research Priorities for In-Situ Uranium Recovery in Wyoming - report of findings
- Public Opinion in Wyoming about In-Situ Uranium Recovery, WYSAC, (2010). Wyoming Survey and Analysis Center, University of Wyoming
- August 4, 2010 - The Future of Uranium Production in Wyoming - A Public Forum on In-Situ Recovery, Laramie, WY
- Analysis of Remediation Strategies for Radionuclide-Contaminated Soils in Uranium Mining - graduate student research project in progress.
Download the Report of the In-Situ Recovery of Uranium Research Program to the Joint Minerals, Business, and Economic Development Interim Committee June 21, 2011 for more information about the Uranium Research Program.