Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now
Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Study Abroad

Federal financial aid is available for University of Wyoming students who wish to study abroad under a program recognized by UW. Because the cost of participating in a study abroad program may be higher than the cost of attending UW, the financial aid staff will consider making appropriate adjustments to a student's Cost of Attendance to permit the student to apply for additional financial aid. Enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by UW may be considered enrollment at UW for the purposes of applying for assistance under the federal financial assistance programs of the Higher Education Act.

All exchange and study abroad students are normally limited to one year of study at another institution.

UW must receive transcripts of any attempted and completed academic work at host institutions before additional federal financial aid can be disbursed. A reasonable academic progress exception cannot be granted until proof of completed academic work is reviewed by UW.

State-funded scholarships normally cannot be used to participate in exchange or study abroad programs unless all tuition and fees are being paid to UW. This includes, but is not limited to, awards such as the Trustees' Superior Student, President's Honor, Hoyt, Music, Rodeo, Theater, Student Leader, Superior Student in Education, County Commissioners', Vietnam Veteran, and athletic scholarships and grants.

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon