To receive federal financial aid you must meet the following conditions and
provide documentation if requested to do so:
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be enrolled or accepted for admission as a regular student at UW.
- Not be concurrently enrolled in an elementary or secondary school.
- Be enrolled in a degree program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a demonstrated financial need if required.
- Maintain reasonable academic progress.
- Not be in default on a federal
student loan or owe a repayment of a federal grant or loan at any institution.
- Not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate loan limits of a
federal loan program.
- Agree to use funds received only for educational costs.
- Register with the Selective Service if required.
- Not have had a felony or misdemeanor drug conviction,
without the specified counseling afterward.
- Not be receiving federal aid at another college for the same term.
Note: These requirements apply to all federal aid. Also, federal aid
is NOT available for correspondence study, continuous registration hours, or