Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Graduate Students|Student Financial Aid

Graduate Assistantships

Many academic departments at the university award graduate research and teaching assistantships. To apply for an assistantship, contact the department of your field of study. If you are chosen for an assistantship you will be paid a stipend which will be issued at the payroll office in Old Main on the last working day of each month. The amount of your stipend will depend on whether you have been awarded a full or partial assistantship. An assistantship usually pays part or all of your tuition as well. The tuition portion of the assistantship is "counted" as financial aid if you apply for federal assistance. Again, the portion of your tuition covered by your assistantship will depend on whether you were awarded a full or partial assistantship.

For more information on graduate assistantships, contact the academic department in which you are interested or go to the Graduate Student Resources webpage.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon