Availability of financial aid for summer is limited. Summer students must enroll for at least half-time status to receive assistance, defined as 6 UNDERGRADUATE CREDIT HOURS for undergraduate students and 4.5 GRADUATE CREDIT HOURS for graduate students.
Summer aid eligibility is determined by the length of the particular session(s) you attend.
Changing the session and/or number of credits you are enrolled can impact the amount of your financial aid award. Notify Student Financial Aid of any changes to your schedule.
All summer applicants seeking federal financial aid are asked to submit a 2015-2016 FAFSA and the Summer Financial Aid Application.
To fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application:
NOTE: The Summer Financial Aid Application is currently unavailable. We will post the application to WyoRecords as soon as possible. We will also email instructions to any students who registered for summer courses before the application is made available.
- Log onto WyoRecords > Students at wyoweb.uwyo.edu
- Click on the Registration button
- Click the Register for Classes link
- Select the Summer Term and click Continue
- Register for at least one course
- Click on the link "Fill out the Summer Financial Aid Application"
- Fill in all information and submit
- Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA
The application only needs to be filled out 1 time per summer term.
Summer awarding will begin in late March. The awards will then be available to view/accept in WyoWeb, under the Student Financials Tab, Financial Aid Awards, Award Year 2015-2016.