Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Disbursement|Student Financial Aid

Check your WyoWeb, under the Student Financials Tab, Financial Aid Requirements, Financial Aid Awards.

Accepted Financial Aid Awards are considered confirmation of payment.

The earliest any funds may disburse is 10 days before the start of classes. Some scholarships may not disburse until after the Drop/Add period (but remember, as Accepted Awards they are considered confirmation of payment).

Once funds release, they will pay your UW charges. If there is a remainder, it will be disbursed to the student via the HigherOne UW Cowboy Card. When a credit balance occurs, a refund will be made to the student within 14 days.

  • Students will receive a green envelope via postal mail containing the UW Cowboy Card. The actual card is needed for initial login.

  • This is NOT a credit card. It is a debit card only with a checking account option.

  • UW will no longer send credit balance checks. Students will choose, through HigherOne, to receive their refunds via deposit to the OneAccount, student's own account of choice, or HigherOne paper check.

  • This opportunity will provide UW students faster service and increased choices for receiving their refunds.

  • For questions and additional information please visit or contact Accounts Receivable.

You can monitor through WyoWeb, under the Student Financials Tab, My Account when funds disburse. If you have a negative balance, when that balance goes to zero your funds have been disbursed to HigherOne.

  • For payment deadlines please visit the Accounts Receivable web page.

  • It is possible to set up a Banner charge account at the UW Bookstore to charge your books to your UW bill until your funds disburse.

  • Most types of aid are disbursed in two payments. This means that half of your aid will be issued to you at the beginning of fall and spring semesters.

  • You must be enrolled as a degree seeking student in order to receive financial aid.

  • If you are borrowing a loan, you will also receive a letter from your lender telling you about your rights and responsibilities as a borrower.

  • A separate award package is created for those attending summer session once the Office of Student Financial Aid has received the Application for Summer Financial Aid.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader