Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

What's New|Student Financial Aid

What's New


  • We are now awarding all of our UW Offered Scholarships through the AcademicWorks Scholarship Management System.

  • You must log in with your UW Username and Password and submit the General Application to be considered for scholarships through the system.

  • To view Department scholarships:


  • WyoRefunds allows students to have credit balance refunds directly deposited into an existing bank account.

  • WyoRefunds ensures that students receive 100% of their student refunds quickly and securely.

  • Students will need their Bank/Credit Union routing and account number along with their billing address.

  • For questions and additional information please visit WyoRefunds or contact Accounts Receivable.

Important Federal Regulation Changes

  • Tax return transcripts are required for students selected for Verification (copies of Federal tax returns are no longer accepted).

  • Request your tax return transcript free through the IRS.

Recommended FAFSA Filing Process

  • Use IRS Data Retrieval (available 2-3 weeks after filing taxes) when filing FAFSA

  • Priority deadline for completion: March 1st

Loss of in-school interest subsidy and repayment benefits for graduate and professional students beginning in 2012-2013

  • Beginning July 1, 2012, the Graduate Federal Direct Loan program will become entirely unsubsidized, which means the loan will begin to accrue interest as soon as the loan is disbursed.

  • The amount of loan funding WILL NOT be affected.

New Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy

Major changes include:

  • Monitor SAP every semester

  • Transfer credits count towards percent completion rate

  • Required academic plan for some students

  • Required meeting with Financial Aid Counselor

  • Graduate students have maximum hours limit

Consortium Agreement

Students under a consortium agreement will have a hold placed on their financial aid until their transcripts are received from the Host School. Students must request their transcripts be sent to UW after each term they are dual enrolled.

Pell Lifetime Eligiblity Used (LEU)

The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years (12 full-time semesters) of Pell Grant funding or 600%. Find out more at

Withdrawal from classes for Pell eligible students

Any Pell eligible student who withdraws from one or more classes and who changes their enrollment status (full-time to part-time, part-time to half-time, etc.) is subject to a reduction in their Pell grant if they did not begin enrollment in that class(es). Instructors will be contacted to validate that the student began enrollment.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon