Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Federal Work-Study|Student Financial Aid

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study is a need-based program that provides employment opportunities to eligible students to help meet the costs of their college education.  To apply, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

If you are offered Federal Work-Study, you will be able to accept your award on WyoWeb, under the Student Financials Tab, Financial Aid Awards.  You will then need to review and apply for Federal Work-Study positions through the Human Resources website.

Your pay rate will be based on an hourly wage determined by the department you are working for, but it will not be less than the federal minimum wage.  Part time employees are paid bi-monthly on the 15th and the last working day of each month.  On the 1st and 16th of the month, the department will process any hours you have worked during each pay period.  Paychecks are either direct deposited into your bank account or mailed to the address you have on file with payroll. Please contact Human Resources for information about direct deposit or to change your mailing address.

If you are not awarded Federal Work-Study, but still wish to work on campus, check with Human Resources about non work-study job opportunities.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon