Global Resource Navigation
University of Wyoming Student Health Service
MISSION STATEMENT AND OBJECTIVES
The Mission of the University of Wyoming Student Health Service is:
- to provide high quality health care that enables students to perform optimally physically, mentally, and emotionally, and thus achieve their academic goals while minimizing interruptions in their course of studies; and,
- to provide effective health education that motivate students to develop and maintain healthy lifestyles that enhance their intellectual and personal growth and development.
- Maintain a nationally accredited comprehensive primary care medical clinic for eligible students.
- Deliver cost effective services, including laboratory, pharmacy and specialty clinics.
- Provide outreach activities on health related and prevention topics, in collaborate with other University departments.
- Deliver care in an appropriate cultural context without bias regarding race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, age, religion, or gender.
- Offer opportunities for training to appropriate undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in health fields, and a clinical site for faculty practitioners.
- Provide appropriate job-related services for University staff and faculty.
- Monitor, advise, and respond to trends in local and worldwide health issues that may affect the campus community.