To join the Social Justice Research Center you must first decide whether you are an Affiliate or an Associate.
- An Affiliate is any member of the UW community (student, staff,
faculty) or elsewhere who is committed to social justice issues and who would like to
receive information about the progress, activities and opportunities of
- An Associate is any member of the UW community (student, staff, and
faculty) who is interested in active involvement in the networking and
dissemination opportunities that the SJRC seeks to provide. Individuals
who are interested in joining as Associates are members of the UW
community who exhibit two of the three characteristics below:
- Demonstrated expertise (i.e. publications, grants, etc.)
- Experience in social justice research (i.e. presentations, poster presentations, assisting with research groups, etc.)
- Commitment to social justice research
- Additionally, an associate is interested in both sharing their
work with others working on social justice and learning about the work
that inspiring individuals and teams are doing in every discipline or
program. Associates would agree to post a link to their vita and
abstracts of their social justice research work on the SJRC webpage,
make effort to attend research meetings to share their work (and hear
about the works of others) and/or present their work for a larger
audience, and be willing to be contacted by others (both on and off the
UW campus) to share expertise and ideas to advance social justice
research and development.
Please fill out the following fields to join the SJRC.