UW Nordic Ski Team Good Teammates Guidelines
- Support everyone’s desire to get better in their individual ways.
- Recognize that what you put in, is what you get out.
- Be prepared [manage your time] – school work first, schedule your time, work around skiing itinerary and syllabi.
- Focus on the big picture ⇒ you’ll remember your teammates long after you forget your results.
- Don’t let your anger on yourself/your performance splatter on others. (12 minute:12 minutes immediately after the race you can focus completely on yourself. You can be mad, super glad, run around with your shirt off in the snow doing a jig, snap your poles in half, yell loud, talk about how you were a GOD on the downhills etc... After 12 minutes, turn your focus to your teammates and their races.)
- Voice discontent (in a nice way) to your teammate, team captain or coach. [not behind their back]
- Use your officers.
- Together we can accomplish more than we can alone.
- Foster a safe environment to learn/grow.
- Keep a positive mindset (Thoughts are things)
- Have fun
- Respect everyone (Remember Rachel’s quote = "Treat the person sitting next to you as if he/she has accomplished amazing things. You will never be wrong and you will certainly never be sorry.")
- Sportsmanship – Community visibility & image. Employ class and grace.