Skip to Main Content

Division of Social Work|University of Wyoming

How to Declare Social Work as Your Major

Individuals who wish to declare Social Work as a major are considered Tracking Majors until they have been admitted into the professional program. Tracking Majors complete the prerequisite course work in preparation for applying to the professional degree program and being accepted as an Admitted Major.

Prior to applying for Admitted Major, students must complete the required prerequisites with a C or better. Additionally, students must have a 2.5 GPA, complete the criminal background check required by the College of Health Sciences, complete the Admitted Major application, pay the application fee and submit a reference form.

Application materials are due in the Spring semester for admission to the professional degree courses starting the subsequent Fall semester. Admission is competitive and based on a number of factors outlined in the BSW Handbook.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us