Official Microsoft E-Learning for the University of Wyoming
All UW employees and students are eligible to log into Microsoft’s online E-Learning Web site. UW employees and students can select from various courses - core to advanced - that cover popular Microsoft applications. The selection also includes Windows 7 courses.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation. Please note that the access code we receive from Microsoft can accommodate a limited number of users from our organization. Do not share the code with unauthorized users: this violates our license agreement with Microsoft. Click on the Get your UW access code, enter your UWYO username and password if asked, and obtain your UW access code.
UW Students and Employees: Get your UW access code
You will need to use an active Windows Live ID. These were called Windows Passport accounts before and typically are used to sign in to MSN Messenger, MSN Hotmail, MSN Music and other Passport Network sites. When you activate your access for the first time, you enter the UW access code and your UWYO email account. If you do not have a Windows Live ID, you will have the option to choose "Sign Up Now". Simply follow the instructions on the screen.
Clicking on any of the course titles will provide a brief description of the course, the objectives, and system requirements. The Content tab provides more detail for the course and its modules. Any additional system requirements will be listed within these pages.
The E-Learning site has a link that will test your system to see if it can run the tutorials. System requirements (www.uwyo.edu/software/elearning/sysreq.asp) are also provided on the site.
To gain initial access to the Microsoft E-Learning courses using your access code, please follow these steps (one time only):
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate/
- Input your multi-use access code. (The code is case sensitive. Be sure to include the dashes and do not enter any spaces.)
- You will be prompted to sign-in using a valid Windows Live ID (this will be the username and password you will use to access the site each time you log in). If you already have a profile on microsoft.com, use that Windows Live ID.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration.
- From the confirmation email, click the link to complete the email confirmation and activate your courses.
- You will be prompted to sign-in using a valid Windows Live ID, once again.
- A confirmation page will appear indicating that the access code has been accepted (or you may receive an error message if the code was not accepted).
- Click the My Learning link to see list of available courses. To update the catalog language preference, you may need to click on the Learning Catalog link, then on the click here link.
- Click on a course title to launch the offering. You will have 12 months from time of launch to finish that course or until the access code is regenerated in July of each year. You may need to use the new access code to finish the course.
To access your courses at any subsequent time, please follow these steps:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner of the page
- Sign into Windows Live using your Windows Live ID and password
- In the Learner side of the page, click on the down arrow by Select Agreement, and choose the second one, Microsoft Agreement – 7978185
- Click on Take Training
- Begin your E-Learning course
You may want to add this URL to your bookmarks, or return to this site and choose the Access E-Learning Now link at the top of the page.
If you have problems logging in to the site, please contact the Microsoft E-Learning support center at 1-877-383-2829 (toll free US/CDN), 1-585-214-2329 (toll) or e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding your access code, you may e-mail or phone our support center. To view a list of support phone numbers, please visit www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/ and click the Support/Feedback link.
If you experience any problems with your E-Learning training, please contact the regional support center in your region at www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx.