Software for UW Students
Don’t purchase Microsoft Office,
Windows Upgrades, or other software
if you’re a UW student! Here’s why–
CHECK WITH US FIRST. All UW students have the right to install Microsoft Office and Office Mac suites, Windows operating system upgrades, antivirus, and SPSS software on their personal computers.
- Downloads are FREE (or nearly free) using a high speed Internet connection in your room
- Downloads are FREE (or nearly free) using a high speed Internet connection in your friend or neighbor’s place by saving to an external storage device (CD, USB drive, etc.) to take home
- Downloads are FREE (or nearly free) using a UW Student lab computer and burning to CD or other external storage
- Order the software on CD and pick it up on the Laramie campus or at UWCC
- Order the software on CD and have it shipped to your home (additional shipping charges apply)
Not all software will be available for download from UW.
For options and pricing you will be directed to the Kivuto site.
|Windows 8 upgrade) 32 or 64 bit||Yes||No||No|
|Windows 7 Ultimate (upgrade) 32 or 64 bit||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Office Professional Plus 2013||Yes||No||No|
|Office Professional Plus 2010||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Office 2011 for Mac||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Local UW pickup locations for eligible CD orders:
ResNet Office in the lobby of the Information Technology Center
UWCC (Casper College)
Each student is entitled to one copy of each qualifying product to be installed on one computer only.