Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Give to UW
Download UW Viewbook
Visit Campus
STOP Violence Program

Contact Information

STOP Violence Program
Dean of Students Office
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Avenue
Department 3135
Knight Hall Room 118
Laramie, Wyoming 82071

(307) 766-3296
Office Hours: 8am-5pm

Contact Us

STOP Violence Program

SAFE Project 24-hr HOTLINE:


Walk-In Hours: 10am-4pm

Dean of Students Office

Department 3135

Knight Hall 118

1000 E. University Ave

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-3296


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

For Faculty and Staff

How to Help

As a faculty or staff member, you have a lot of contact with students.  A student may come to you to confide a sexual assault, or you may witness some troubling indicators that the student has experienced a significant trauma.

Some general indicators a student is having trouble coping with trauma include:

Academic Indicators

  • Deterioration of quality workreading
  • Drop in grades
  • Negative change in classroom performance
  • Missed assignments
  • Repeated absences from class
  • Continual seeking of special accommodations (late papers, extensions, postponed examination)

Relationship Indicators

  • Direct statements indicating distress or other difficulties
  • Unprovoked anger or hostility
  • Exaggerated personality traits (more withdrawn or more animated than usual)
  • Excessive dependency
  • Expression of concern by his/her peers
  • A hung or gut-level reaction that something is wrong

Physical Indicators

  • Deterioration or lack of care in physical appearance
  • Excessive fatigue
  • Visible changes in weight
  • Indications of substance abuse or chemical dependency

What Can You Do?

  • Call the University Counseling Center for a consultation about the student. The staff will be happy to talk with you about any worries or concerns you may have.
  • Discuss your concerns with the student. Talking about a problem or labeling a crisis doesn't make it worse. It is the first stop toward resolving it.
  • Call the Dean of Students Office to make them aware of your concern. The Dean of Students can initiate a meeting to talk with the student about your concerns and ensure that the student is alright.

Check Out Additional Resources Here.

Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainfull Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon