Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

I Need Help

STOP Violence Program


If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, or stalking, you have options and people to support you. We strongly encourage you to contact a confidential victim advocacy program to talk about your needs and options.

In Laramie

The Albany County SAFE Project operates a 24-hour hotline for victims and survivors of sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, stalking, child abuse, and elder abuse. They provide crisis support, emergency shelter and material assistance, and advocacy and referrals. You can also drop by their office if you would like to talk to someone in person. 307-745-3556

The STOP Violence Program is an on-campus advocacy and education program. We work with victims and survivors of sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, and stalking. If you are a member of the campus community and would like information or just to talk, you can call us at the Dean of Students office 766-3296 or stop by Knight Hall 118 Monday through Friday, 9 am through 4 pm.

In the Region

There are additional resources in the area:

Safehouse Services, Cheyenne, WY

Crossroads Safehouse, Fort Collins, CO

Sexual Assault Victim Advocate Center, Fort Collins, CO

If you were hurt in Colorado, we recommend contacting a Colorado agency in addition to SAFE Project or STOP Violence. The laws are different in each state, and Colorado advocates will know more about the laws in Colorado. If you are unsure who to call, contact STOP Violence or SAFE. We can help you figure out who you should talk to.

In Wyoming

If you are in Wyoming outside of Albany & Laramie counties, you can contact the Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence to get a referral to the service provider closest to where you are. The Coalition DOES NOT provide crisis intervention; they DO provide information and referrals. You can also contact STOP Violence for a referral to nearby assistance.


If you are outside of Wyoming, or if you would like to talk to a service provider outside of Wyoming and Northern Colorado, you can call a national hotline.

Calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline will connect you to an advocate at a national center. That advocate will be able to talk to you about what is going on, and connect you to a local program if that is something that you want. 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 for TTY

Calling RAINN will directly connect you to the nearest sexual assault service provider. However, RAINN also has a national online hotline that allows you to instant message with an advocate at a national center. 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)

Share This Page:

Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon