Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Legal Assistance

Getting Help

Legal Assistance Options


STOP Violence cannot offer any legal advice. If you are a survivor of sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, or stalking and are looking for legal help, we recommend contacting the legal clinics at the University of Wyoming Law School. You can also pick up a hard copy of the clinic's application for legal assistance at the STOP Violence office, Knight Hall rm. 118.


Students who have paid their ASUW fees and would like to talk to an attorney can also speak with the ASUW Students Attorney. If she is unable to assist you, she can make a referral to community attorneys.


Orders of Protection


Anyone affected by domestic or dating violence or stalking can request an order of protection from the court. Individuals are able to fill out and file order of protection applications on their own, without the assistance of an attorney. However, we encourage anyone interested in requesting an order of protection to speak with an advocate at STOP Violence or the SAFE Project before filing, to get more information on how the process works and what type of order best fits your situation.


If you already have an order of protection of any kind, we encourage you to file a copy with the Dean of Students. STOP Violence can make or scan a copy for you, if needed.

Share This Page:

Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon