UW requires students going abroad to enroll for Student Travel Insurance coverage through Gallagher Koster, or to show proof of insurance through one of the authorized program providers.
To request a quote and purchase Student Travel Insurance:
Go to the Gallagher Koster website. To see a cost quote:
- Select Wyoming (WY) as your state of residence, and click the "Request a Quote" button.
- Choose your coverage type. "Study Abroad Silver" or "Study Abroad Gold" are the options available to UW students. Enter your date of birth and the number of months for which you will need coverage (1 month minimum). Click the "Calculate Price" button.
When you are ready to purchase student travel insurance:
- Go to the Create Account link at the top of the page (linked above).
- For your student ID, enter your W number without the W.
- Once you have created an ID, go to the Study Abroad Enroll link on the left side of the page.
- Enter the appropriate personal information.
- Enter the name of the international school in which you will be studying.
- If you are participating in a short-term faculty-led program, enter "University of Wyoming" and the name of the international city and country you will be visiting.
- Select the appropriate plan.
- "Beneficiary" is generally a parent or spouse
- Proceed to the payment section.
- Gallagher Koster will send you an email response verifying they are processing your insurance application.
- You will be able to find your policy number and print an ID card approximately one week after you purchase the insurance.
- Log in to the Gallagher Koster. Go to Authorize Account. Enter your student ID (with no W) and birth date.
- You will see your policy number on this page, and be able to print an ID card.
- If you have problems or questions, you can call Gallagher Koster at (800) 933-4723.
Please note that with this insurance, any charges for medical services must be paid directly to the provider at the time of service. Reimbursement must be requested upon return to the United States. In order to receive reimbursement, you must provide bills showing services rendered, as well as payment receipts. You will submit these documents, in English, to Gallagher Koster.