There are many ways for students at the University of Wyoming to get involved in sustainability initiatives. Many courses at UW are relevant to the topic of sustainability. In addition, several student and volunteer groups on campus are actively involved in sustainability in some way.
Student Leadership and Civic Engagement
The UW Center for Service, Leadership & Community Engagement (SLCE) is a one-stop-shop for students, faculty and staff who want to get involved in the UW and Laramie communities and make a difference on campus. SLCE is the place to start if you're interested in opportunities to get involved in sustainability at UW.
Student Groups (RSO's)
- ACRES - Agricultural and Community Resources for Everyday Sustainability ACRES. Purpose: Develop and maintain a student managed agricultural operation guided by the principles of economic, environmental, and social sustainability.
- Environment & Natural Resource Club - This group connects people around exploring and understanding Laramie, Wyoming's, and hte world's environment and natural resources.
- The Good Mule Project - The Good Mule Project is a student-led initiative at the University of Wyoming fostering a community of dialogue and action around issues of multiculturalism and diversity through the lens of social justice activism.
- Nordic Ski Team - The Nordic Ski Team at the University of Wyoming welcomes athletes of all abilities and interests. Divided into elite, competitive, and recreational teams, any are welcome, whether you're interested in making it to Nationals or simply having fun! Each year the ski teams helps to bring sustainability to the community through Trash to Treasure (T2T), an event in which unwanted household items are collected at the end of the school year, cleaned and re-sold in the fall.
- Residence Halls Association (RHA) - Students living in the residence halls at UW can get involved in sustainability through RHA, which sponsors the residence halls recycling program and works with Residence Life & Dining Services and other campus groups on sustainability initiatives.
- Sustainability Club at UW - The Sustainability Club at the University of Wyoming will foster a sustainable culture in UW’s student body, faculty, staff, and community. Email Uwyo.email@example.com.
Faculty / Staff Involvement - see Green Teams
Ride the Recycle Cycles
Interested in doing your part for campus sustainability? Student organizations can volunteer to ride the recycle cycles by contacting Custodial Services Manager, Tod Scott.
- Enjoy the fall in Laramie and the game day atmosphere
- Increase recycling at Wyoming Cowboy's games while getting some exercise