Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW


Teacher Education Program


Registration for fall and spring semester courses requires that students receive advising. (Advising is not required for summer semester registration.) Please check the academic calendar for advising timeframes. Students must contact their assigned faculty member advisors to schedule advising appointments. If your advisor is Todd Krieger or Christi Hutchison, call 307-766-2230 to make an appointment.

It is essential that students meet with their assigned advisor each semester to ensure that sufficient academic progress toward their degrees is being made. Office of Teacher Education advisors can assist with basic questions and information, but OTE advisors are not expected to advise students who already have an assigned advisor.

If a student has difficulty with his/her advisor, the student may request a change of advisor using the change of advisor/major/minor form. Submit completed form at the Office of Teacher Education, Room 100 McWhinnie Hall.

Substitutions and Waivers

Check with your advisor or the OTE if you have questions about substituting or waiving program requirements or University requirements. In order for an exception to be made to a UW or College of Education procedure or requirement, you must file an Exception Request. Exception Request forms are used for a variety of purposes. Any paperwork (petitions, change of major forms, etc.) requiring the signature of the College Dean or Designee is signed in the OTE. Do not take Exception Request forms to the Dean of the College of Education's Office.

The following chart describes the different types of exception requests:

Type of Exception Request Situation
College of Education Exception Request When requesting a waiver or substitution for a CoEd Teacher Education or content course requirement
University Studies Petition When requesting a waiver or substitution for a USP course
University Exception Request When requesting an exception to a University Regulation that affects a student's academic record
Overload Petition When requesting an exception to the maximum number of credit hours per semester (for credit load limits, see the General Bulletin)
Academic Reinstatement Petition When requesting reinstatement to UW after academic suspension
Academic Renewal Petition When requesting to return to UW after a prolonged absence and prior unsuccessful academic work exists
Transfer Guarantee Request When requesting to guarantee transfer credit of future credits for
another college or university

All of the UW exception request forms are available online through the Registrar's office.  All forms are also available in the Office of Teacher Education.

Share This Page:

Contact Us

College of Education

Dept. 3374

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-2230

Fax: (307) 766-2018


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon