See Field Placement also.
For the Residency candidate and Mentor Teacher:
The Residency Handbook provides additional details and documentation for candidates and Mentor Teachers regarding:
- Respective responsibilities during the student teaching semester
- Documentation of outcomes for midterm and final evaluation
- Teacher certification requirements and process for Wyoming
- The job search and Center for Advising & Career Services support
- Suggestions for your resume and Belief Matrix
- Current CoEd policy reminders and deadlines to monitor
An additional document of importance to the Mentor Teacher:
Guidelines for the Identification, Preparation, and Reflections of Preservice Mentor Teachers. This document was adopted by the Wyoming School-University Partnership
and the CoEd Advisory Council for Teacher Education for implementation
in fall 2005.
If difficulties arise during the Residency semester:
- Discuss the problem(s) immediately with your mentor teacher if
appropriate. Always contact your UW Faculty Supervisor, as well. In a
Partner School setting, you may contact the Partner School Facilitator
as the liaison with your UW Faculty Supervisor.
- Contact the UW Faculty Supervisor if the problem(s) are not
resolved between you and your mentor teacher. The call to the UW Faculty Supervisor may come from the student teacher, the mentor
teacher, or a clinical liaison. UW Faculty Supervisor will travel to
the school immediately when his/her presence is required.
- Mentor teachers and student teachers are strongly encouraged
to share any and all concerns regarding the Residency experience at the
first sign of difficulty. Experience tells us that by waiting to discuss
any concerns, the problem is likely to escalate.