Other Helpful Links
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Annual Guest Artist Series
In 2008, Wyoming's second state-endowed professorship, the Eminent-Artist-in-Residence, was funded by the Excellence in Higher Education Endowment through the Wyoming State Legislature, and awarded to UW's three Fine Arts departments - Art, Music, and Theatre & Dance - on a rotating basis.
Each season, the endowment also supports our Guest Artist Series. Over the past seven years, we have hosted dozens of industry professionals, including top-notch talent in the performance, technical and design, and playwriting fields to lead workshops and master classes and to perform.
Former Guest Artists have included, among others:
- Pablo Ruvalcaba of the Limon Dance Company,
- Famed scenic designer John Ezell;
- Accomplished dancer and Professor of Comparative Cognition Nicky Clayton and creative writer, fine artist, performer and teacher Clive Owen
- LA-based actor Craig Anton;
- Acclaimed choreographer Peter Pucci;
- Puppeteer and Theatre-for-Young Audiences expert Johanna Smith;
- Movement and physical theatre specialist Paul Kalina, and
- Fight choreographer Charlie Oates.
Visiting guest artists have provided stellar training and networking opportunities for our students and also learning and performance opportunities for the community at large.