Alcohol Edu for Freshman
ATTENTION: This program is to be completed by incoming UW freshmen only!
If you recently received a ticket or warning for an alcohol-related violation and were referred to the AWARE program you must report to University Counseling Center in 341 Knight Hall in order to complete preliminary paperwork and to get instructions on how to proceed through the program. This program is for incoming freshman only and does not count toward an alcohol-related violation.
Explanation of the program: As
part of our comprehensive approach to alcohol, sexual assault, and relationship
violence prevention education, the University of Wyoming is requiring all freshmen
to complete Alcohol Edu and Haven. These
are online, non-opinionated educational programs that are used on more than 500
campuses nationwide. Whether you drink
or not, Alcohol Edu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about
alcohol and will help you to reflect on and consider college drinking related
issues. Haven will provide you with
information about healthy relationships, the importance of consent, how to help
a friend, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you
want to be a part of.
Requirements: The courses have two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
Part 1 of the course becomes available on August 1, 2014 and takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. You must earn a grade of 75% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 of the course is Tuesday, September 2, 2014 by midnight.
About 45 days after you complete the Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. The deadline to complete Part 2 is Monday, November 3, 2014 by midnight.
Please note that failure to complete Alcohol Edu and Haven with a passing grade by the specified deadlines will result in your registration time being bumped to the last day of registration. If you complete AlcoholEdu and Haven by the deadlines, you will be entered into a raffle for prizes.
We recognize that talking about sexual violence can be difficult, and want to acknowledge that some of you may have had personal experiences with sexual assault or relationship violence. If taking this course is difficult or triggering for you, please know there are resources on campus to support you, even prior to your arrival to campus this fall. If you are a survivor and need to talk after taking the course, please contact the STOP Violence Program at 307-766-3434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for completing Part 1 of the AlcoholEDU/Haven Program requirement:
- Register for courses at University of Wyoming. You will be unable to access Alcohol EDU until after you register.
- Beginning August 1, 2014, go to WyoWeb at wyoweb.uwyo.edu
- Click on "Students" under the WyoRecords heading. You will be prompted to login with your UW username and password if you aren't already signed in.
- Click on "Alcohol Edu/Haven Program" under the "To-Do" list on the left.
- Read the information about Alcohol Edu and Haven and click on the links to begin the programs.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Sections ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return to the course, follow steps 2-5 again.
- You must obtain a grade of 75% or higher to pass. If you do not score a 75% or higher, then you must re-take it.
- The deadline to complete Part 1 of Alcohol EDU and Haven is September 2, 2014 at midnight.
Instructions for completing Part 2 of Alcohol EDU/Haven:
About 45 days after you completed Part 1 of Alcohol EDU and Haven, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. If you haven’t received any email invitations to complete Part 2, it is likely that the required 45 days haven’t passed yet, and you are not yet eligible to complete it. If you have received the email invitation, here are the instructions for completing Part 2:
- go to WyoWeb at wyoweb.uwyo.edu
- Click on "Students" under
the WyoRecords heading. You will be prompted to login with your UW
username and password if you aren't already signed in.
- Click on "Alcohol Edu/Haven Program" under the "To-Do" list on the left.
- Read the information about Alcohol Edu and haven and click on the links to begin the program.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return to the course, follow steps 1-4 again.
- The deadline to complete Part 2 is Monday, November 2, 2014 by midnight.
For any questions related to fulfilling this requirement, please contact the AWARE program at email@example.com.
For any questions related to technical problems with Alcohol Edu or Haven, call the Online Technical Support Center at 1-866-384-9062. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Troubleshooting: A few students have reported technical difficulties. Here are a few things to try if you run into problems:
- Try the
program in a different browser (if you are using Internet Explorer, try Firefox, Chrome, or Safari instead).
- Try clearing the cache.
sure you are not running anything else on your computer like music, video
streaming, instant messaging, at the same time you are taking Alcohol EDU.
- Try a wired internet connection or try a different internet connection.
- Try a different computer (i.e. school, library, or friend)
- If you cannot see the "NEXT" button, try zooming out. On a PC: Control + 0. On a Mac: Command + 0.
- Try watching the Haven video on your phone or tablet and then switch back to your computer to finish the course (this has proven especially helpful in the case of slow internet connections, limited bandwidth, or congested wireless connections.)
logging out of Wyoweb and logging back into Wyoweb a little bit later to
see if that might help. There are many students across the country
that are using Alcohol EDU so it’s possible that they system is a little
bogged down if there is a lot of traffic at that moment.
the Alcohol EDU/Haven Technical Support Help Line at 866-384-9062 if you still
can’t get it to work.
Other Areas of Note:
- In Haven, on the "What else can
I expect from this experience" page, there is a RESOURCES button in the upper
right-hand corner. You MUST click on the RESOURCES button to continue and the
"Next" arrow (>) is greyed out until you click on the Resources!
- In Haven, If you cannot see the
"NEXT" button, try zooming out. On a PC: Control + 0. Mac:
command + 0
In Haven, on the "Conversation - This is Not Consent" page with 3 speech bubbles, you must click on one
bubble at a time to open a poster. Once a poster has opened, click anywhere
outside the poster to continue.
If you are still having problems, please
contact the help line at 866-384-9062 and have the following
1. Operating System
2. Browser and version
3. A screenshot or video of the problem
Difficulties: Should you experience any difficulties or require support, you may contact the AWARE program at firstname.lastname@example.org. The AlcoholEdu/Haven Online Technical Support Center is also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen or call 1-866-384-9062. If you are unable to access the internet for the time needed to complete the exam, please try your local library for internet access or contact the AWARE program. For questions about minimum technical requirements, click here: http://alcoholedu.com/technicalrequirements.html