Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

University Disability Support Services|Student Educational Opportunity

Accessible UW Housing

Students with disabilities who need special equipment such as a door light or flashing phone ringer supplied to their rooms or require wheelchair accessible rooms should contact Residence Life & Dining Services (RLDS) prior to the beginning of the school year. RLDS needs information about disability-related needs as early as possible to ensure that your needs are met. The RLDS central office is located in the lower level of the Washakie Center and can be reached at 307-766-3175.

Wheelchair accessible rooms are available in Hill, White, McIntyre, Downey, and Orr Halls.

To apply for residence hall housing, a Residence Halls and Food Service Contract needs to be completed. This form includes a section on which rooms equipped for wheelchair access or for hearing impaired persons can be requested. There is also space provided to list any other disability or medical conditions which may need to be accommodated.

There are currently thirty-five University apartments that are wheelchair accessible. They include sixteen two-bedroom apartments and seven three-bedroom apartments in River Village. One of the River Village apartments has a roll-in shower. Landmark apartments also has four accessible apartments. Bison Run Village has eight apartments designed for level entry and wheelchair access as well as five additional apartments adapted with alarm systems designed to alert individuals with hearing impairments

Persons with questions about the University Apartments may contact the Apartments Office at 2512 Willett Drive.  Call 307-766-3176, or e-mail

For more information about the residence halls or apartments, dimensions/features, floor plans, rental rates, and room/board rates, please contact Residence Life & Dining Services at 1-866-653-0212 or 307-766-3175, or UW Apartments at 307-766-3176 or check out their web site:

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon