Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Accommodations for Licensure and/or Board-Certified Exams

Students who need accommodations for a licensure exam such as the GRE, Praxis, FE Exam, etc. will need to request accommodations directly from the exam’s company. Each company follows their own internal process for determining accommodations and generally require that students provide documentation that reflect current functional limitations.

UW DSS has standards and documentation requirements that differ from those of the licensing exams. Students should not assume that the documentation used to justify accommodations granted for UW classes will be timely or detailed enough for the licensing exams. A new assessment and/or doctor's report may be needed for those exams.

Students should start researching and applying for accommodations for these exams as early as possible. Students should view the exam-specific requirements, which are on each company’s website. Some links have been included below:

NCEES Documentation Guidelines for Testing Accommodations 

ETS- How to Request Accommodations
Contact Us

Disability Support Services

University of Wyoming

Dept. 3135, 1000 E. University Ave.

109 Knight Hall

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307 766-3073

TeleType: 307 766-3073

Fax: 307 766-3298


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon