Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

If and When You Disagree

Decisions regarding eligibility for assistance, choice of accommodation, treatment you receive by faculty and staff, etc. can be issues of disagreement or conflict. If you disagree with a decision that has been made regarding eligibility, service, treatment, etc., let your coordinator know why you disagree. If resolution is not reached, or the DSS coordinator has concluded that the accommodation is not reasonable or appropriate for the course or the circumstance, or that documentation on file does not support the request, students can submit additional documentation for review by the DSS coordinator and/or request a review of the denial by the Director of DSS.

If the accommodation is still not approved, the student can make a request in writing for an additional review by the Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee) within 10 calendar days of the denial of the accommodation.  The Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee) will review and make a decision within 10 calendar days of receipt of the student’s request for review and notify the student of the decision.  This decision is final.

University Regulation 1-5 pertains to civil rights and harassment and may be implemented by individuals alleging discrimination or harassment by the University.  For more information on the regulation and complaint procedures, contact the Equal Opportunity Report and Response (EORR) office at 307-766-5200.

Back to Top

Contact Us

Disability Support Services

University of Wyoming

Dept. 3135, 1000 E. University Ave.

109 Knight Hall

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307 766-3073

TeleType: 307 766-3073

Fax: 307 766-3298


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon