Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Financial Resources & Fundraising|Recognized Student Organizations
h uc s f cc g vca rso Safe Zone

Collegiate Link

Funding and Fundraising

In this page, we hope to assist you in obtaining and managing funds for your organization.

Managing Your Funds

Account Information

Set up an account at any bank in the area. Both Uni-Wyo Federal Credit Union and First Interstate Bank have been great for groups to work with. To establish a bank account your advisor will need a tax identification number (also known as employer identification number) to be identified with the account. We DO NOT recommend that you use any individual member’s or your advisor’s social security number. You can get a tax identification number through the IRS.  The process is available online and you will receive the tax identification number instantly. For more information and to set up a tax number for your organization visit: The advisor of the organization should be the person to apply for an EIN.

Student organizations may also elect to utilize the assistance of the ASUW office to manage their resources. When RSOs receive money through different fundraising projects, dues, etc. they can elect to take that money to the ASUW Business Office and have it placed in an account specifically for their organization. When student organizations need that money they will request funds from their account from the ASUW Business Office.

Please see the RSO Handbook for more details on managing a budget.

ASUW Funding Board

Applications for funding must be submitted through Collegiate Link by Monday at 5 pm 5 weeks before the day of your event.

The RSO Funding Board considers and recommends approval to the Senate for the use of budgeted ASUW funds to facilitate, during a fiscal period, the on-going requests by students and student organizations for ASUW financial support.

Ideas for Fundraising

Bake Sales

Please review Section 10, Point C of the Wyoming Union Regulations and Operating Procedures for how to hold a bake sale.

  1. Only UW recognized student organizations may hold bake sales within the Wyoming Union.
  2. The UW recognized student organization must identify itself with a sign that is clearly displayed at the site of the sale.
  3. Bake sales are limited to baked homemade food items.
  4. Recognized student organizations must register bake sales, or any fundraising activity, with the Campus Activities Center.
  5. The UW recognized student organization assumes all liability associated with any bake sale.


The CAC is excited at the opportunity to partner with many organizations across campus. Please visit our Co-Sponsorship site to see if we can work together. Your fellow RSOs may also be looking to put on an event of a similar nature. Reaching out to them may open doors you had not yet considered.

Fundraising Nights at local restaurants

Some local restaurants like to support our RSOs through a variety of programs. Please get in touch with ASUW to see if there are any that do a program that fits in with what your RSO is trying to accomplish.

Holiday Market

Every year leading up to the holiday season, more than 70 vendors will sell seasonal items at the University of Wyoming Union Holiday Market. RSOs have the opportunity to volunteer in a variety of ways, and in turn receive funding for their organization.

For more information, call the Wyoming Union information desk at (307) 766-3161, or email

Reaching Out to a UW Department or College

Occasionally, a UW Department/College will donate funds to an RSO with a similar mission. If you are interested in this type of partnership, please review the Departmental Donation form on ASUW’s web site.

Safe Treat

Safe Treat occurs every year around Halloween in the lower level of the Wyoming Union. The goal is to provide the community with a safe place for their children to go trick or treating. RSOs are encouraged to participate in this event through providing a table with games, candy, and a variety of other things. The Union staff votes on the RSO with the best table and awards them a prize.

For more information, call the Wyoming Union information desk at (307) 766-3161, or email

A-team Mini-Grants

The purpose of the A-Team mini-grant competition is to support University of Wyoming students in taking leadership roles in preventing the misuse of alcohol among UW students. A-Team will consider grant proposals from student organizations for the funding of events or programs that are alcohol-free, have an educational component, and are aligned with the mission of the A-Team. For more information, check out:

Wyoming Remember the 8 Mini-Grants

The “Wyoming Remember the 8” fund is available for UW student organizations, Wyoming community colleges, and Wyoming high schools, as well as student researchers. Mini-grant awards up to $100 are available for one student organization, and awards up to $250 are available for collaborative projects between two or more student organizations. Mini-grant awards up to $200 are available for student researchers. For more information, check out:


Please contact ASUW ahead of time if you are planning on soliciting funds from members of the UW and Laramie community. 

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader