UW Trustees Set Tentative Agenda for January Meeting
January 14, 2009 — Members of the University of Wyoming Board of Trustees will conduct their January meeting beginning Thursday, Jan. 22, at 2 p.m. at the UW Conference Center, 22nd Street and Grand Avenue, following an executive session scheduled at 1:15 p.m.
The board may move into its business meeting Friday if sessions conclude ahead of schedule. If not, the business meeting, in which trustees take formal action on agenda items, is scheduled at 8 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 24, at the UW Conference Center. Members of the public are welcome to attend any meeting except executive sessions.
Times are approximate:
Thursday, Jan. 22
1:15-2 p.m. -- Executive session.
2-3 p.m. -- Legislative update.
3:15-4 p.m. -- Endowment update.
4-4:45 p.m. -- Budget planning.
Friday, Jan. 23
9-9:45 a.m. -- Executive session.
10-10:15 a.m. -- Construction contracts.
10:15-10:45 a.m. -- Energy-related baccalaureate degrees.
10:45-11:30 a.m. -- Planning discussion.
11:45 a.m.-1:45 p.m. -- Tour of Information Technology Center and lunch.
2-2:15 p.m. -- Introductions and recognitions.
Trustee Award of Merit for Tom Spicer.
New Head Football Coach, Dave Christensen.
Teaching Creativity Conference, Peter Parolin.
2:15-2:45 p.m. -- Carbon sequestration briefing.
3-3:30 p.m. -- FY10 tuition proposal.
3:30-4 p.m. -- FY10 fee book.
Saturday, Jan. 24
8-10 a.m. -- Business Meeting -- UW Conference Center
Approval of Minutes
Committee of the Whole
1. Board Committee Reports:
A. Academics and Research.
B. Fiscal and Legal Affairs.
C. Student Affairs/Athletics/Administration.
1. Approval of Contracts and Grants.
3. Approval of Construction Contracts.
A. Visual Arts Complex -- Architect.
B. War Memorial Stadium East Suites and Renovations -- Guaranteed Maximum Price.
4. Annual Review and Renewal of External Audit Engagement.
5. External Audit Fee for Change in Scope of the Compliance Audit (A-133).
6. Facility Naming (to be moved on after executive session).
7. 2009 Honorary Degrees (to be moved on after executive session).
8. Medical Repayment Exception (to be moved on after executive session).
9. Approval of Energy-Related Baccalaureate Degrees.
A. Energy Resource Science Baccalaureate Degree.
B. Energy Systems Engineering Baccalaureate Degree.
10. Amendment to UW Regulation 5-803, Tenure and Promotion Procedures for University Faculty.
11. Amendment to UW Regulation 6-702, Establishment of Faculty Senate Committees to Eliminate the UW R.E.A.D. (Read Explore Analyze Discuss)Committee.
12. Approval of FY10 Tuition Proposal.
13. Approval of FY10 Fee Book.
Date of Next Meeting -- March 5-7 -- Laramie
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009