UW Trustees Set Tentative Agenda for May Meeting
April 30, 2009 — Members of the University of Wyoming Board of Trustees will conduct their May meeting beginning Thursday, May 7, at 10 a.m. at the UW Conference Center, 22nd Street and Grand Avenue.
The board may move into its business meeting Thursday if sessions conclude ahead of schedule. If not, the business meeting, in which trustees take formal action on agenda items, is scheduled at noon Friday, May 8, at the UW Conference Center Salon E. Members of the public are welcome to attend any meeting except executive sessions.
Times are approximate:
Thursday, May 7
10-11 a.m. - Executive session at the UW Conference Center, Salon E.
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. -- Lunch and a tour of the new library facility, followed by a group photo at the UW Conference Center, Salon E.
1:45-2:15 p.m. - TransPark funding.
2:15-2:45 p.m. - Endowment update.
2:45-3 p.m. - Break.
3-4 p.m. - University planning.
4-5 p.m. - Budget planning.
Friday, May 8
9-10 a.m. - Executive session.
10-10:15 a.m. - Construction contracts.
10:15-11 a.m. - FY 2010 Section I Operating Budget (Agency 067 University of Wyoming and Agency 167 UW Medical Education) and FY 2010 Section II Operating Budget.
11-11:30 a.m. - Public testimony.
11:30 a.m.-noon - Bond refunding. Immediately following this topic, the board will call the business meeting to vote on bond refunding.
Noon-1:30 p.m. - Working lunch/business meeting at the UW Conference Center, Salon E.
Approval of Board Minutes
Election of Officers
Committee of the Whole
1. Board Committee Reports:
A. Academics and Research
B. Fiscal and Legal Affairs
C. Student Affairs/Athletics/Administration
1. Approval of Contracts and Grants
3. Approval of Construction Contracts
A. 15th and Spring Creek
4. Master List of Degrees
5. University Planning Approval of "Creation of the Future: University Plan 3, 2009-2014"
6. Approval of UW Regulation 5-803 Revisions, "Tenure and Promotion for University Faculty"
7. Identity Theft Prevention Program
8. Contract for Accelerated Nursing Student Loans
9. College of Education Restructuring
10. Approval of Amended FY 2009 Section I Operating Budget
11. Approval of UW Regulation 6-806, "Course Approval Process"
12. Approval of UW Regulation 6-702, "Establishment of Faculty Senate Committees"
Retreat May 29 - 30, Jackson
Date of Next Meeting July 16-17, Rock Springs
2 p.m. Real estate matter
Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009