Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

News

WPM Has another Successful Statewide Membership Drive


October 14, 2013 — Wyoming Public Media (WPM) reached its $340,000 Fall Membership Drive goal Friday afternoon in just 25 compressed hours of on-air fund raising through the generosity of nearly 3,000 individual contributors and business supporters.

WPM includes three radio stations: Wyoming Public Radio, Classical Wyoming and Jazz Wyoming, and a streaming online service at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org.

“Supporters value the vital service WPM provides statewide through informative and educational programming, and they realize that in many places in Wyoming, it’s their only media source,” says General Manager Christina Kuzmych.

A service of the University of Wyoming Outreach School, WPM airs news from National Public Radio and the BBC, Classical Wyoming with 24/7 classical music and Jazz Wyoming with 24/7 jazz.

“WPM is part of UW’s education mission but, unlike the classroom, our education reaches people where they live -- in their homes, cars, and at work. It keeps them continually informed about the world around them. We often think of ourselves as part of the ‘last mile’ in the education continuum,” Kuzmych says.

WPM receives nearly 70 percent of its operating budget from member and corporate support, and from grants, she says. Federal and state (through UW) funding provides the remaining 30 percent.

For a complete list of stations, program schedules and other information about WPM, visit the website at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org. To listen online, go to "Now Playing" on the home page.

Photo:
Membership Director Erin O’Doherty and Program Director Grady Kirkpatrick at WPM “Pledge Central,” just minutes before reaching this year’s goal. (WPM Photo)

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
 
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader