Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

WPM Has Another Successful Statewide Membership Drive

April 6, 2015
two men in a radio studio, one talking into a microphone
Program Director Grady Kirkpatrick, left, and Cultural Affairs Director Micah Schweizer pitching during a WPM fundraising break. (WPM Photo)

Wyoming Public Media (WPM) surpassed its $340,000 Spring Membership Drive goal Thursday, with more than $220,000 of that amount raised through on-air and online pledging alone.

The drive also earned revenue generated by additional gifts donors made to support education reporting in Wyoming. Nearly 3,000 individual contributors and business supporters participated.

WPM includes three radio stations: Wyoming Public Radio, Classical Wyoming and Jazz Wyoming, and a streaming online service at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org.

“Wyoming supporters value the vital service WPM provides statewide through informative and educational programming,” says General Manager Christina Kuzmych. “The fact that so many individuals opted to make an additional gift to support education reporting is a testament to their interest in Wyoming issues.”

The Spring Membership Drive took an unanticipated twist when a donor proposed marriage to his girlfriend as part of his message, and she accepted. Listeners responded with calls of congratulations, and more donations.

A service of the University of Wyoming Outreach School, WPM airs news from National Public Radio and the BBC, Classical Wyoming with 24/7 classical music and Jazz Wyoming with 24/7 jazz.

“WPM is part of UW’s education mission but, unlike the classroom, our education reaches people where they live -- in their homes, cars and at work. It keeps them continually informed about the world around them. We often think of ourselves as part of the ‘last mile’ in the education continuum,” Kuzmych says.

WPM receives 60 percent of its operating budget from member and corporate support, and from grants, she says. Federal and state (through UW) funding provides the remaining 40 percent.

For a complete list of stations, program schedules and other information about WPM, visit the website at www.wyomingpublicmedia.org. To listen online, go to "Listen Live" on the home page.


Share This Page:

Contact Us

Chad Baldwin

Institutional Communications

Bureau of Mines Building, Room 137

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-2929

Email: cbaldwin@uwyo.edu

Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon