Albany County Extension
Welcome to the University of Wyoming Extension in Albany County. Our office brings you reliable, research-based information in agriculture and natural resources, consumer and family economics, community and economic development, and 4-H / youth development. Our goal is simple... to help you put knowledge to work!
Learn About Us
Programs & Activities
- 4-H - 2015 Calendar
- Cent$ible Nutrition
- Drought Information
- Master Gardener - No 2015 Master Gardener Training.
- 2015 County Fair - July 22 - Aug 1
- Cattleman's Update
Date: Monday, February 9, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Place: Albany County Fairgrounds, Extension Office Meeting Room - West End
RSVP by February 5, 2015
Includes Free Lunch
Cattleman's Update Agenda
- Beef Management/AI School
Date: March 12-14, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Place: Laramie R&E Center Livestock Farm Multipurpose Building
Cost: $75/person OR $60/high school student
Registration Deadline: March 6th (Space is Limited)
Beef Management/AI School Flyer
- Horticulture Information Series
Plant to attend this FREE Series
Time: 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Albany County Fairgrounds, Extension Meeting Room
3520 S 3rd St., Laramie, WY
Horticulture Series Flyer
- January 14 - Seed Saving (Jenny Thompson)
- January 28 - Bees - Honey and Native (Rene Sollars)
- February 4 - The Growhaus (Adam Brock)
- February 18 - Common Tree and Shrub Insects and Diseases (Kelly Chichester)
- Annie's Project - is a course especially for women who work in and around ag. Sessions in the six-week program include brief presentations and discussions focused on the participants' questions. Annie's Project gives farm women the opportunity to learn from female agricultural professionals and connect with other women in similar situations to help them develop their management and decision-making skills for their operations. Session topics cover the areas of
- Financial Records,
- Production Records,
- Marketing Plans and Risk Management,
- Legal/Regulation Records and Documentation, and
- Human Resources and Time Management.