Global Resource Navigation
Extension Disaster Education Network
University of Wyoming Extension
Resources for Building a Emergency Supplies Kit:
- Kits for Kids
- This material would be appropriate to disperse at back-to-school nights, libraries, after-school programs, club meetings, etc.
- Emergency Financial Planning Kit
- This is appropriate information for local families, small business owners, extension homemakers, and financial planners.
- bReady Emergency Kit Organizer
- bReadySD.com helps families analyze the amounts and types of supplies needed for a kit, as well as budget for purchasing a kit over a period of time.
- American Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Kits
- American Red Cross provides a list of supplies needed to sustain an adult for 3 days. This information would be helpful to a variety of audiences.
- Personal Workplace Disaster Supplies Kit
- This kit is great for employees that, in the case of an emergency, would be forced to stay in the office environment for several hours extra or even overnight.
- Ready America: Get a Kit
- DHS provides a resource checklist that is very easy to understand and ensures efficiency of a disaster preparedness kit. This would be appropriate information to many audiences.
A Success Story
As always, additional materials are available on the EDEN National Preparedness Month Web page.
- “Ready...Pack...Go” Campaign
- A program in Fairfax County, Virginia where the campaign used faith-based leaders to engage the community and encourage emergency preparedness.