Sidebar Site Navigation
UW assistant professor of horticulture receives young scientist award
The current research of Sadanand Dhekney focuses on expanding grape production in Wyoming.
- AES Bulletin highlights cattle, sheep, crop, weed research
Beef cattle, sheep, traditional and alternative farm crops, specialty crops including vegetables, turf grass variety trials and weed control are among research projects covered in the Wyoming Agricultural Experiment Station’s (WAES) Field Days Bulletin.
- Brenda Alexander - University of Wyoming study reveals robust Wyoming sheep industry
(S)heep production will likely remain a vital part of the state’s agricultural economy for the foreseeable future, according to a study conducted by University of Wyoming researchers.
- David Fay - UW Scientist's paper will have first-ever primer accompany in GENETICS journal
Professor David Fay in the Department of Molecular Biology wrote about research using the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans to study the functions of a tumor suppressor gene that is altered in many human cancers.
Stephen Ford - Presented “You Are What Your Mother Ate” at Faculty Senate Speaker Series
Stephen Ford, a University of Wyoming professor and Rochelle Chair in UW's Department of Animal Sciences, presented "You Are What Your Mother Ate". His talk is part of the Faculty Senate Speaker Series on campus.
- Don Jarvis - A Virologist Gone Buggy: A Journey from Tumor Viruses to Insect Cell Biotechnology
Donald L. Jarvis, Department of Molecular Biology professor, gave the University of Wyoming's 2012 President's Speaker Series talk on "A Virologist Gone Buggy: A Journey from Tumor Viruses to Insect Cell Biotechnology."
- K.J. Reddy - Agricultural Experiment Station 2010 Outstanding Research Award
The interview includes an overview of Dr Reddy's latest research on mineral carbonation, coalbed natural gas produced water, and water filtration using nano particles to remove arsenic; as well as reflections on the award and his experience as a faculty member at the University of Wyoming.