Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Step 4: Gather Supporting Documents

Education Abroad

To apply for an exchange or partner program, all of the following forms must be submitted with your online application:

  1. Nomination Letter from your home university.  This nomination letter must include the following information:
    • Student's full name
    • Student's email address
    • Whether the student will be participating in an exchange or study abroad program (paying 150% tuition rate)
    • The length of the program in which the student will participate (Spring, Fall, or Academic Year)
  2. Cover Form
  3. Confidential Financial Statement - complete the document that applies to you.  If you are coming for only one semester, divide the yearly amount in half to determine the minimum funding required.
  4. Official Transcript
    • If your transcript is not in English, you will need to supply a certified English translation.
    • If you have completed an undergraduate degree and are applying as a graduate (Master's) student, you will need to provide a copy of your undergraduate diploma
  5. Color copy of your passport
  6. Evidence of English language proficiency.  This is only required for students whose first language is not English.  Test scores must be official; student copies of scores cannot be accepted.
  7. Transcript Release Authorization.  This signed form allows us to release your UW transcript to your home university after your period of study at UW is complete.

After you have been admitted as a student:

Student Health Patient Portal

  • Click the "Go Directly to Patient Portal" link on the left side of the page.  Log in to the Patient Portal using your UW username and password.  Within the portal, you will be able to enter the information about your MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations, and upload supporting documentation.  Your vaccination records will then be verified by Student Health Service.  Please note that you will not be able to complete this step until after you have been accepted as a student.

Documents should be scanned and sent via email (pdf format) from your Study Abroad or International Relations Office (these documents cannot be accepted directly from students) to:

Please note that there is a $50 application fee to that will be charged upon arrival. An additional $40 will be charged by the University to all International Students. These fees cannot be waived.

UW student health insurance is a requirement for all incoming international students and will not be waived.

Contact Us

Education Abroad

Cheney International Center

Dept. 3707, 1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307)766-3677


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on Instagram (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon