Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Veterans Financial Aid|Veterans Services Center

Contact Us

Veterans Services Center
Knight Hall, Room 241
Phone: 307-766-6908
Marty Martinez (Sr. Project Coordinator)
Knight Hall, Room 241
Phone: 307-766-6909
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)

Veterans Financial Resources

In State Tuition for non-resident Veterans

Changes to University of Wyoming policy recently approved by UW's Board of Trustees have expanded the ranks of those who qualify for the university's offer of in-state tuition to military veterans.   For more information please contact Marty Martinez, or another staff member, at the Veterans Services Center, or Sara Morris in the Student Financial Aid office.  You may also read more about this in the UW press release.

Financial aid is an important obstacle that college students face.  Student veterans are no exception especially if you are not a resident of the state and have to pay out of state tuition.  The VA has many different programs that help pay for school but sometimes that is not enough.  The Veterans Services Center can help.  At the Veterans Services Center we have information of the different VA education benefits as well as scholarship information for veterans going to school.  If we cannot answer your question we will direct you to the resources that will answer your question.  For more information on University of Wyoming financial aid resources please use the link.

The Veterans Services Center also provides work study positions to qualified students.  To learn how to qualify for a work study position please follow this link to the VA work study criteria page.  To apply for a work-study position at the University of Wyoming Veterans Services Center please see the Veterans Services Center staff for an application.

The American Legion Husted-Pendelton Post 14 Laramie, Wyoming is offering a scholarship for post 9/11 veterans attending the University of Wyoming.  The scholarship application can be picked up in the Veterans Services Center in Knight Hall room 241.

The Michael O'Neill Banking scholarship is available for veterans attending the banking program in the College of Business.  The scholarship is for $1000 and applicants must be recommended by faculty members.  For more information contact Sherrill Schaffer in the College of Business.

VA educational eligibility requirements and benefits are different depending on which chapter that you are applying for.  Below we have included links to provide you with the information needed to make your decision on what VA benefits you qualify for and which would best suit your needs.

Specific information on the different chapters of VA benefits:

Chapter 30 - Montgomery G.I.Bill - Active Duty

Chapter 31 - VA Vocational Rehabilitation

Chapter 32 - Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program

Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI-Bill

Chapter 35 - Dependents' Educational Assistance Program

Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP)

Other related information:

University of Wyoming Financial Aid

Veterans Registration Card

GI Bill Applications

Kuehne Scholarship for Disabled Veterans

Pat Tillman Foundation Scholarship

Overseas Combat Veteran Tuition Benefit

Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)•Veteran's Registration Card

Vietnam Veterans' Award

Wyoming National Guard Education Assistance Plan

Study Abroad Scholarship

UW Alumni Scholarship for Veterans

Osher Reentry Scholarship

Wyoming Fallen Hero's Scholarship

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon