Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Interdisciplinary MS Program in Water Resources



Select a Question:


What is the MS Program in Water Resources? - Top

The WARE program is an interdisciplinary MS "slash" program.  Students who enlist in the program are pursuing graduate studies in hydrology or water resources from a range of departments at the University of Wyoming.  It is a dual degree program that encourages students to pursue interdisciplinary academic options while completing their MS research.



How do I join the program? - Top

The steps to enroll in the program are to:

1) work with your committee to create a program of study that fulfills your overall degree requirements and those of the Water Resources program;

2) send the program of study through your degree channels and the Chair of the WARE program; and

3) fill out a change of status form to add the 2nd major of Water Resources.

Current students: It is not enough to just list the Water Resources option on your Program of Study form. You must also fill out a change of status form to add Water Resources as a 2nd major.



Does the program offer a minor or a dual degree? - Top

The MS in Water Resources is a dual degree, not a minor. A student who completes his/her degree will receive a diploma with a "slash" in the degree program.

For example, someone getting an MS in Soils and Water Resources will receive a degree that reads "Soil / Water Resources", while the diploma for someone with an MA in Geography will read "Geography / Water Resources".

There is no minor option.



Where is the office for WARE located? - Top

There is no formal office. At present, the chair of the program is Dr. Scott Miller, Department Head/Professor in the Ecosystem Science and Management Department.



Who can I talk to about the program? - Top

There are many knowledgeable faculty members who work with the program; please follow the "Faculty & Staff" link on the right to see a listing of participating departments and faculty members. You are always welcome to contact the Program Chair who will assist with making connections to programs of faculty members at UW.



How do I apply to the University of Wyoming? - Top

You are encouraged to start by identifying potential degree programs and faculty members with whom you would like to work and contact them directly to further investigate your interests. Please visit the UW office of admissions for an overview in the process of applying for graduate studies

Contact Us

WRESE Program Chair, Scott Miller

Dept 3354

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-4274


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon