Return to WIND
Dept 4298, 1000 E University Ave.
Health Sciences Bldg. Room 151
Intersection of 9th and Clark, across from Turtle Rock Coffee & Cafe
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6187
Toll Free: 1-888-989-9463
Date: September 10, 2014
Time: 3:30-5 p.m.
Register: Enroll online> You will receive an E-mail with the webinar link and joining instructions after payment. If you do not receive instructions within 5 business days of payment, E-mail email@example.com.
The App Factor is back…and is bigger and better than ever!
Learn the steps for the consideration, acquisition, and integration of iPad apps in pre-school, school, and community settings. See the features of several communication, vision, learning, and multi-media apps during this live interactive presentation.
WATR will facilitate a question and answer session about apps. Gain answers to your questions from a variety of expertise and experience in the assistive technology field, including speech language pathology, vision, and classroom implementation.
WATR will provide downloadable handouts of resources and tools to help match features to student needs. Attendees will also be given an App Evaluation Rubric to the rate the use of the communication apps with their clients.
- Explore the Clinical Features of AAC Apps
- Apply at least one strategy to determine which type of AAC Apps are beneficial for various communicators
- Identify the accessibility features of iOS devices, such as the iPad.
- Identify the accessibility features of Microsoft Surface.
- Identify the differences between the Android, iPad and Surface tablets.
- Access additional resources to support the accessibility features on the (iPad, Android and Microsoft Surface)
To access webinars:
- Click on the above link for the WATR webinar page and click on “Join in at time of webinar” link.
- You’ll be redirected to “Blackboard Collaborate.”
- Type in your name and click "Log In."
If you are having trouble accessing the room:
- Click on the above link for the WATR webinar page and click on “Join in at time of webinar”.
- You’ll be redirected to “Blackboard Collaborate” and click on “Support”.
- Click on “Blackboard Collaborate Webconferencing” under First Time Users.
- Step 2 will be “Configuring your system” and click on “Configuration Room”.
- Click on “Download File” and “Allow” when they appear.
To use a screen reader:
Instructions are available at Accessibility Online.
To use closed captioning:
- Click on the window pull down on the menu bar.
- Choose closed captioning.
- A window will show up with the captions.