Who should apply
A person who:
- Has an intellectual disability primarily between age 21-26
- Has completed high school with a modified standard, special diploma, or certificate of completion
- Have a strong interest in attending college to expand confidence and career opportunities.
- Be able to commit to a 2 year college experience and take up to two classes per semester.
- Have experience in a work environment (school, volunteer, and/or paid work).
- Have independent skills like using a cell phone, clock, and calendar to plan activities and being prepared to take care of self and belongings.
- Maintain good conduct in class and in the community.
- Be able to listen and appropriately respond to directions from an instructor, education coach, or work supervisor.
- Have experience in attending and participating in general education
classes for up to 50-90 minutes. College class completion while in HS
- Be able to communicate effectively (with accommodations/support if necessary).
- Be willing to study and meet with education coaches on a weekly
basis, and others as needed, to review class work and discuss progress.
- Be willing to apply for services through the Department of
Vocational Rehabilitative and/or with an Adult Rehabilitation Agency
(adult waiver services)
Family and student responsibilities
- Submit application to Think College Wyoming
- Commit to four semesters of college and work experiences
- Pay college tutition and fees
- Provide transportation
- Provide housing
***Exceptions considered on individual basis