Thought bullets for this month are based on a news article written by Debbie Popp, Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program Coordinator, University of Wyoming Cooperative Extension Service. Debbie reviewed dietary guidelines from countries around the world that she located on a University of Georgia, Department of Foods and Nutrition Web site*.
- A dietary recommendation from Japan states "happy eating makes for happy life; sit down and eat together and talk; treasure family taste and home cooking."
- The number one dietary guideline from Great Britain says simply, "enjoy your food."
- Dietary guidelines from Korea encourage people to enjoy meals and "keep harmony between diet and daily life."
- The message from Vietnam encourages citizens to serve healthy, delicious family meals "served with affection."
- The Norwegian message states "FOOD + JOY = HEALTH."
Compiled by Betty Holmes, MS, RD
Return to Thought Bullets--main page.
Return to home page.