Collecting sayings is a fun past time of mine. Over the past several months,
Ive collected sayings that align with WIN Wyoming principles. For the
September thought bullets, I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.
- For every woman who looks like a super model, there are millions (and even
billions) who dont. Help celebrate the great diversity of the human race
by appreciating the many shapes and sizes that human bodies come in.
- When it comes to a commitment to good health practices every day, remember
the advice you receive every time you fly the airlines: "put air
mask on yourself first before assisting others."
- If you feel guilty taking time for yourself every day, consider this: the
only thing you have to bring to your family, your community and your world
is yourself. The contemplative process of recovering your true self in
solitude is never selfish. Ultimately, it is the best gift you can give to
others. [Adapted passage from a book by Parker Palmer entitled The Active
- Words on the front of a t-shirt (source: one angry girl designs): "Start a revolution --- stop
hating your body."
- Adapted joke from the Frank and Ernest comic strip: advice from doctor to
patient - "The best thing for you is a healthy diet and exercise
every day." Response from patient - "I dont deserve the
best." Advice from WIN Wyoming: convince yourself you DO deserve
- "He who distinguishes the true savor of his food can never be a
glutton: he who does not cannot be otherwise" [Henry David Thoreau].
Adaptation from WIN Wyoming: develop a presence when eating.
- "An army marches on its stomach" [Napoleon]. Adaptation for
todays world: the human body needs nourishment. You can not expect to
reach your potential by repeatedly under- nourishing or over-indulging
Compiled by Betty Holmes,
Return to Thought Bullets--main page.
Return to home page.