BodyWise (part of U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services GirlPower! campaign)
CDC Nutrition and Physical Activity (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Radiance Online (Radiance Magazine)
BodyWise (of the Girl Power! campaign)
1. A unique site that "...encourages girls to focus on positive self-images and fitness, and offers authoritative information about the signs, symptoms, and dangers of eating disorders."
2. Part of the Girl Power! Campaign Web site, which aims to teach girls skills for health living.
CDC Nutrition and Physical Activity
1. "Consumer Information" section includes practical tips for healthy eating and physical activity that don't focus specifically on weight control.
2. Section titled "Scientific Information" takes you to "Surveillance," with links to pregnancy and pediatric nutrition, and to "Publications," with titles such as Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health and Guidelines for School and Community Programs to Promote Lifelong Physical Activity Among Young People.
3. "Projects" section profiles national and local initiatives.
1. Offers information and support in an entertaining and inspiring format for people of all ages who are all sizes of large.
2. Article, interview, and essay topics range from health to the arts.
3. Includes special projects for children and adolescents.
Return to main links page
Return to home page