Scholarships for Women (National and at the University of Wyoming).
ASUW Child Assistance Scholarship - Application and Conditions - Deadline: October 24, 2014 at 5pm
Nearly one in three students attending UW is a non-traditional student. These students make up a diverse group with a variety of life experiences, backgrounds, skills, responsibilities and needs. To lighten the financial difficulty of students who are parents, the ASUW has created a Child assistance scholarship. This student must have a child dependent and demonstrate financial need. This scholarship will have a value of $1,000 for one semester and will be awarded the spring semester following application. This year, ASUW will be awarding 10 (ten) $1,000 scholarships. Previous recipients are encouraged to apply again with the understanding that each application will be given equal review and consideration. See: http://www.uwyo.edu/asuw/scholarships/
Geneseo Migrant Center – Berrien Fragos Thorn Arts Scholarships for Migrant Farmworkers
- Eligible applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing further development of their talents in one of the following disciplines: visual, performing, media, literary, and crafts.
- A budget or documentation of expenses must be submitted with the application, a portfolio or samples of work are required, minimum 16 years of age, applicant need not be enrolled in school, and a history of movement to obtain work in agriculture is required.
The Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans – 2016 Scholarship
- Eligibility includes being any of the following: You have been naturalized as a US citizen on your own or as a minor; you are or will by the application deadline be in possession of a valid green card.
Soroptimist – Live Your Dream Awards
- Eligibility includes being a woman who provides the primary financial support for yourself and dependents, has financial need, is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program, or an undergraduate degree program, and does not have a graduate degree.
BBG Communications – Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award
- Explain in less than 1000 words why you have chosen to volunteer your time with the organization(s) that you have and how your experience has changed your life.
- Eligibility includes over the past 2 years have a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer work, maintained a GPA of 3.5 or greater, and be under the age of 21 on the day of deadline.
Wiley CPAexcel – Accounting Student Scholarship Program
- Must be an actively enrolled full or part-time college student taking at least one accounting course.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers – Single Mother’s Scholarship 2015
- Write a 500+ word essay on the advantages of going back to school while caring for your children as a mother.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited high school, college, or university in the US, be a mother, and maintain a cumulative GPA of a minimum 3.0
Heinz College and HACU – HACU-HIS Alumni Scholarship
- Scholarships are awarded at the time of admission, and to be considered for this scholarship awards, an eligible applicant should indicate their affiliation with an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution).
Geneseo Migrant Center – Frank Kazmierczak Memorial Migrant Scholarship
- Application evaluation is based on leadership, volunteer and community involvement, extracurricular activities, and scholastic achievement.
- Must be a child of a migrant worker or a migrant worker (priority will be given to those with mobility in the last 3 years), have teaching as a career goal, and have financial need.
Barbara Wiedner & Dorothy Vandercook Memorial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. – Peace Scholarship
- Fill out application form, write a short autobiography, and provide letters of recommendation.
- Eligibility includes being a high school senior or college freshman at time of application, and provides evidence of leadership and/or personal initiative in activities or in an organization relating to peace and social justice, nuclear disbarment, and/or conflict resolution.
Geneseo Migrant Center – Gloria Mattera National Migrant Scholarship Fund
- Gives migrant youth across the country a chance to make choices regarding their careers and futures.
- Eligible applicants must be entering or enrolled in college or other types of post-secondary programs, high school dropouts, or potential dropouts.
Geneseo Migrant Center – Migrant Farmworker Baccalaureate Scholarship
- Purpose is to provide financial support to a deserving student with a history of migrating for employment in agriculture who has successfully completed one year of college.
General Information: http://www.uwyo.edu/outreach/ocp/financial%2Daid/scholarships.html
Please click here for a list of scholarships for women.
College Resources Network