Respondus Instructor Training
Respondus is offering several training webinars during the fall semester. These sessions are 45 minutes each and will provide a live demo as well as tips for how to use respondus effectively.
To sign up and see a list of all upcoming webinars, click here.
LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor: Instructor Training
Introduction to the Respondus Test Bank Network
Respondus 4.0: Instructor Training
We strongly recommend using an Ethernet (wired) Internet connection while taking your exam in Lockdown Browser. If you lose your Internet connection during the exam, it will lock up the browser and not allow you to save answers, move on to other questions, submit or exit the exam.
Installing Respondus Lockdown Browser
To install Respondus Lockdown Browser on your personal computer:
- Download and install UW's Installer for Respondus Lockdown Browser. Instructions for downloading and installing can be found here.
In order to install Respondus Lockdown Browser, you will need to have administrative privileges on the computer on which it will be installed. Also be aware that if you are installing this software on a work related machine, there may be software that is pre-installed on the system that may interfere with Respondus Lockdown Browser. If you begin having problems when using a work related machine, try using a non-work computer and see if you continue to have problems.
Taking an Exam in Respondus Lockdown Browser
To take an exam in the Lockdown Browser, follow the steps below:
- Close all open programs or applications.
- Open the LockDown browser by clicking the icon on your computer’s desktop, or your programs or applications folder.
You may be prompted to close any programs or windows that are still open. Select the option to close these programs from the prompts that appear. Sometimes the LockDown browser will be unable to close an application. You will need to manually close these applications before you can proceed.
- From the Lockdown Browser, log in to Canvas at wyocourses.uwyo.edu
- Go to the course which has the exam you want to take.
- Take the test and submit it as you would normally.
- Log-out and close Lockdown browser.
To access troubleshooting tips, click here.