1000 E. University Ave
Biological Science Building, room 428
Laramie, WY 82071
By the end of their graduate education, both M.S. and Ph.D. graduate students are expected to be able to:
1. Demonstrate that they have acquired advanced knowledge in a specific area of biology.
2. Comprehend, analyze, and interpret information in the biological literature.
3. Develop research questions and use scientific methods to study them.
4. Apply appropriate statistical analyses to research data.
5. Summarize research findings and communicate them effectively BOTH in writing and orally.
Ph.D. students also will be expected to demonstrate an ability to:
1. Obtain extramural grant funding.
2. Independently formulate a testable hypothesis.
3. Conduct and conclude a research project.
4. Successfully function as a principal author on refereed research articles.